Remember This Thing!
God gave the Ten Commandments out of love as a gift for a just and peaceful society. God said, “Do this and you will live.”
When we obey them, we experience God’s good and gracious will for our lives and our world.
God Cares About Our Relationships.
Our Relationship with God and our Neighbors.
The First 3 commandments around about Us and God
The Almighty God who created you loves you jealously.
This God commands, desires and deserves first place in your heart, soul, mind and schedule.
Our Almighty God is the most awesome being in the universe.
The name of God deserves respect and reverence.
The Sabbath was given as a gift – a day of rest, worship and re-creation.
We are to use it to hear God’s Word, celebrate God’s goodness and be restored for the week ahead.
The 10 Commandments
- You shall have no other gods before me
- You shall not make for yourself an idol
- Do not take the name of the Lord in vain
- Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy
- Honor your father and mother
- You shall not kill/murder†
- You shall not commit adultery
- You shall not steal††
- You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor
- You shall not covet‡ your neighbor's wife
- You shall not covet‡ anything that belongs to your neighbor